September 2, 2011
23) “Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.
2) I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a man was caught up to the third heaven. 3) And I know how such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, God knows— 4) was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.
49) And David put his hand into his bag and took from it a stone and slung it, and struck the Philistine on his forehead. And the stone sank into his forehead, so that he fell on his face to the ground.
6) The LORD’s Spirit came over him. With his bare hands, he tore the lion apart as if it were a young goat.
39) When they had stepped out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away. The official joyfully continued on his way and didn’t see Philip again. 40) Philip found himself in the city of Azotus.
These men, and many more, experienced dunamis. The supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. On Wednesday Word Study I wrote about the word dunamis and that the very word describes super natural power we are meant to receive from the Holy Spirit.
Super natural powers that remind us of the cartoon super heroes of our youth. Super natural strength, powerful precision, being transported from one place to another, going up into the heavens and seeing super natural visions, ability to move entire mountains with just our faith alone.
I do believe that we were meant to be God’s super heroes! We were placed in this world to do all that is necessary to rescue others, bring them to Christ and disciple them. In this world of evil and persecution we have not lived up to this calling.
Do you believe today that you are called to experience the dunamis of the Holy Spirit? Do you believe today that the people of this world need us to experience the dunamis of the Holy Spirit to be God’s super hero in their life?
If you have been concentrating on growing your faith in the areas of daily provision and health, you are spending time believing for something that God has already promised.
22) Then Jesus said to his disciples, “So I tell you to stop worrying about what you will eat or wear. 23) Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothes. 24) Consider the crows. They don’t plant or harvest. They don’t even have a storeroom or a barn. Yet, God feeds them. You are worth much more than birds. 25) “Can any of you add an hour to your life by worrying? 26) If you can’t do a small thing like that, why worry about other things? 27) Consider how the flowers grow. They never work or spin yarn for clothes. But I say that not even Solomon in all his majesty was dressed like one of these flowers. 28) That’s the way God clothes the grass in the field. Today it’s alive, and tomorrow it’s thrown into an incinerator. So how much more will he clothe you people who have so little faith? 29) “Don’t concern yourself about what you will eat or drink, and quit worrying about these things. 30) Everyone in the world is concerned about these things, but your Father knows you need them. 31) Rather, be concerned about his kingdom. Then these things will be provided for you. 32) Don’t be afraid, little flock. Your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom.
We need to focus our faith on the distressed on this earth and grow our faith to believe that God will infuse us with Holy Spirit dunamis as needed on a daily basis to be His super heroes in this world. Seek first this super natural kingdom of God and all the other provisions will be provided. He even takes the care to mention in verse 28 that he will even give to those of LITTLE faith the things they need such as food and clothing.
My prayer today is not that I’ll have enough money, food or health, but that I will be infused with dunamis to help others, be God’s super hero whenever and wherever He needs me. I believe that we are needed today as much as, if not more than ever before. God’s kingdom on this earth is growing daily and as it grows we need to operate in His power to do the work that He has called us to do.
But are you willing, do you believe?
No matter what your beliefs are, I want to thank you for visiting my Christian blog!