September 2, 2011
23) “Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.
2 Corinthians 12:2
2) I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a man was caught up to the third heaven. 3) And I know how such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, God knows— 4) was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.
I Samual 17:49
49) And David put his hand into his bag and took from it a stone and slung it, and struck the Philistine on his forehead. And the stone sank into his forehead, so that he fell on his face to the ground.
6) The LORD’s Spirit came over him. With his bare hands, he tore the lion apart as if it were a young goat.
39) When they had stepped out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away. The official joyfully continued on his way and didn’t see Philip again. 40) Philip found himself in the city of Azotus.
These men, and many more, experienced dunamis. The supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. On Wednesday Word Study I wrote about the word dunamis and that the very word describes super natural power we are meant to receive from the Holy Spirit.
Super natural powers that remind us of the cartoon super heroes of our youth. Super natural strength, powerful precision, being transported from one place to another, going up into the heavens and seeing super natural visions, ability to move entire mountains with just our faith alone.
I do believe that we were meant to be God’s super heroes! We were placed in this world to do all that is necessary to rescue others, bring them to Christ and disciple them. In this world of evil and persecution we have not lived up to this calling.
Do you believe today that you are called to experience the dunamis of the Holy Spirit? Do you believe today that the people of this world need us to experience the dunamis of the Holy Spirit to be God’s super hero in their life?
If you have been concentrating on growing your faith in the areas of daily provision and health, you are spending time believing for something that God has already promised.
22) Then Jesus said to his disciples, “So I tell you to stop worrying about what you will eat or wear. 23) Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothes. 24) Consider the crows. They don’t plant or harvest. They don’t even have a storeroom or a barn. Yet, God feeds them. You are worth much more than birds. 25) “Can any of you add an hour to your life by worrying? 26) If you can’t do a small thing like that, why worry about other things? 27) Consider how the flowers grow. They never work or spin yarn for clothes. But I say that not even Solomon in all his majesty was dressed like one of these flowers. 28) That’s the way God clothes the grass in the field. Today it’s alive, and tomorrow it’s thrown into an incinerator. So how much more will he clothe you people who have so little faith? 29) “Don’t concern yourself about what you will eat or drink, and quit worrying about these things. 30) Everyone in the world is concerned about these things, but your Father knows you need them. 31) Rather, be concerned about his kingdom. Then these things will be provided for you. 32) Don’t be afraid, little flock. Your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom.
6 thoughts on “But Do You Believe?”
I really like this.REAL GOOD READ
Patricia thank you so much! We appreciate comments and our hope is that we will inspire people to be super heroes for Christ!
Love it! I always wanted to wear that Wonder Woman costume…especially the boots! So many times we forget that we have that power to draw on and try to do things of our own accord…it’s like removing our Wonder Woman suit but still trying to have the same powers!
Great article Nancy! So true! We would be amazed, I’m sure, at how much more victory we would experience in our life if we really believed that 24/7 we have the power of God in us, and when we excercise our faith, and believe all things to be possible, we would see so many more answers to our prayers! Thanks for the great reminder! and right now, I’m believing that God will touch my little 8 mos. old grandson Beau, right now, and heal his body of croup, and bring his breathing back to normal. Thank you Jesus!
Barbara – we at Testify are in agreement with that and praying for your grandson Beau right now as well! Please keep us updated!
What a great way to think about our faith walk–as a super-hero! Sometimes, just a new twist on something we are used to is enough to fire that faith engine–thanks so much for sharing your unique view of the word and to you Holy Spirit for inspiring her with it!!